Formax AutoSeal FD 2280 Folder Sealer
The AutoSeal® 2200 Series High Volume Pressure Sealers are designed to handle the highest volume jobs with ease and dependability. The 2200 Series offers fully automated settings to provide for quick and easy setup of different jobs. Processing speeds of up to 40,000 forms per hour sets the industry standard for speed and production capabilities.
Four models are available in the 2200 Series which offer different in-feed options, three models for cut-sheet forms, and one for continuous forms. The FD 2200 utilizes an air-feed system with a capacity of up to 500 forms; the FD 2200-EX offers an extended air-feed system to reach a capacity of up to 1,000 forms; the FD 2250 utilizes a pile feed system to reach a total capacity of up to 3,500 loaded forms; and the FD 2280 works in-line with the Formax FD 676 Maxi Burster to process continuous forms.
All four models produce fast and accurate folds to deliver a secure and time-effective finished product ready for the mail. The 2200 Series clearly sets the new standard for high volume processing needs.
The 2200 Series can handle a variety of documents up to 11.5? wide and 25? long, including checks, invoices, school reports, tax forms, appointment notices, PIN notices and a variety of direct marketing possibilities. In addition, the 2200 Series utilizes up to four fold plates to offer flexibility in both folding and in the output sequence of processed forms.
The 2200 Series can process forms at a rate of up to 40,000 documents per hour. Cut-sheet units can hold between 500 and 3,500 forms depending on the model. The 2200 Series can handle even the highest volume jobs on a monthly basis.
Easy to Operate
The 2200 Series delivers state-of-the-art automated features to make job changes quick and accurate. A variety of different jobs can be programmed and stored into memory. Fold plate adjustments and other functions are completely automated for one-touch operation.
Pressure Seal Solution
The AutoSeal® 2200 Series, combined with a
laser printer and pressure seal forms, creates a secure, time saving and efficient solution for paper processing.
- Speed: Up to 40,000 pieces/hr
- Monthly Duty Cycle: Unlimited
- Automatic fold settings
- Heavy duty combination steel & rubber fold rollers
- Heavy Duty Construction: Designed for
high volume production jobs
- Feed Systems: Air-feed, extended air-feed,
pile feed, and continuous forms with in-line
FD 676 Maxi Burster
- Variable Speed Control: Up to 40,000
pieces per hour
- Automatic Settings: Up to 60 applications
can be programmed for automatic adjustment
- Paper Sizes: Flexibility to process documents
up to 11.5? wide by 25? long
- Counters: Six-digit resettable counter and
- Fold Plates: 4 insulated fold plates for varying
- Fold Types: ?Z?, uneven ?Z?, ?C?, Half, and
- Conveyor w/Photo Eye: Adjustable 28?? 42?
conveyor for neat and sequential stacking
- Fault Detector: Detects double feeding and
- Static Eliminator: Built-in feature reduces
- Interlocks: For fault detection and safety
- Combination Rollers: Steel & polyurethane
rollers for durability
||FD 2200: Up to 500 Sheets 24# (90gsm)
FD 2200-EX: Up to 1,000 Sheets 24# (90gsm)
FD 2250: Up to 3,500 Sheets 24# (90gsm)*
FD 2280: Continuous Forms
||Up to 40,000 sheets per hour ? based on 11? Z-Fold (279mm)
||Up to 11.5? W x 25? L (216 W x 432 L mm)
||208V, three phase, 20 Amp** (Special 3 Phase Power Required)
NEMA L21-20P plug included, NEMA L21-20R receptacle required
||Cut-sheet models: 152? L x 30? W x 56? H (386 L x 51 W x 112 H cm)
FD 2280: 167? L x 30? W x 56? H (425 L x 51 W x 112 H cm)
||Approx. 1,200 lbs (45 kg)
||Customer-supplied fork lift is required for installation and setup
||UL applied for
- 402 Series Jogger: Reduces static electricity
and aligns forms for proper feeding
* Capacity of up to 3,500 non-windowed forms. Forms with a traditional patch window are better suited for the
FD 2200 and FD 2200-EX.
** Three phase power is required. NOTE: The FD 2200-EX model requires both a 3-phase 220V outlet and a second
separate 220V outlet (single phase) for the extended airfeed deck.