Formax FD 8902B Baler Combination Shredder
The Formax 8902 Series Industrial Shredders now feature an LED Control Panel with digital load indicator, and new automated features. As with the original 8900 Series Shredders, the FD 8902B offers high capacity for shredding large volumes of material, and can serve the needs of an entire organization.
Powerful enough to shred just about anything including entire files, stacks of computer forms, cardboard, tapes, CDs and magnetic disks.
The FD 8902B Cross-Cut model can shred up to 650 sheets at once, up to 35 feet per minute, with a shred size of 5/16" x 1 1/2" - 3".
The FD 8902B combines the power and features of the FD 8902CC with an Output Baler for convenient disposal of shredded material. The Baler continually compacts shredded material into a bale, which is easily ejected into a plastic bag for clean, easy disposal.
The EvenFlow™ Automatic Internal Oiling System features 25 copper distribution nozzles which lubricate the steel cutting blades to keep the shredder in peak operating condition.
Industrial Shredder & Baler Combination
The FD 8902B features a powerful high-capacity Output Baler which continually compacts shredded material into a bale, which improves throughput capacity by minimizing the frequency of unloading the shredder. Sensors automatically stop the shredding mechanism when the baler is full. The FD 8902B is the ultimate solution for high-capacity centralized shredding.
User-Friendly Control Panel
The FD 8902B offers unmatched automated features through its LED control panel. The easy-to-read Load Indicator assists operators in determining how close they are to the maximum shred capacity to avoid jams and provide optimal efficiency. Operators can select from two modes of operation: Auto Start/Stop or Manual. Auto Start/Stop mode utilizes optical sensors which detect paper and start/stop operation automatically. Manual mode provides non-stop operation for shredding small sized paper or films. The Safety Key Lock prevents unauthorized use of the shredder.
EvenFlowTM Automatic Internal Oiling System
The FD 8902CC features the EvenFlow™ Automatic Internal Oiling System. Oil is automatically pumped onto the blades to keep the shredder in peak operating condition.
- LED Control Panel with digital load indicator
- Auto Start/Stop, Auto Reverse, Auto Cleaning
- Safety key lock system prevents unauthorized use
- Conveyor feed system
- High-quality all-metal construction
- Special heat-treated solid steel cutting blades
- EvenFlow™ Automatic Oiling System
- Customized shredding blades available for special purposes and applications
- Designed to shred entire files, stacks of computer forms, cardboard, tapes, ribbons, CDs and magnetic disks
- Heat-treated solid steel cutters are specially ground for longevity and require minimal oil
- LED Control Panel features visual load indicator
- Output Baler continually compacts shredded material into a bale, increasing capacity and minimizing the frequency of unloading
- Auto Start/Stop mode uses optical sensors to detect paper and start operation automatically
- Auto Reverse senses paper jams and automatically switches motor into reverse to clear jam
- Auto Cleaning allows the motor to run in reverse for one minute to clear shred particles
- EvenFlow™ Automatic Internal Oiling System: Lubricates cutting blades for optimal performance
- Large safety bar to stop operation
- All-metal gearing
- Thermal overload protection
- Safety Circuit Breaker ensures safe operation
- Auto Sensor stops motor automatically when waste bin is full
- Safety Key Lock provides maximum control
|Cutting Style: ||Cross Cut *|
|Shred Size: ||5/16? x 1 1/2? - 3?|
|Sheet Capacity: ||Up to 650 sheets **|
|Speed: ||Up to 35 fpm|
|Feed Opening: ||21?|
|Dimensions: ||47? W x 129? L x 63? H|
|Bin/Bale Capacity: ||154 gal. compressed bale size|
|Weight: ||3,086 lbs.|
|Bale Size: ||31? W x 22? L x 19? H|
|Bale Weight: ||110 - 154 lbs. (material dependent)|
|Delivery Requirements: ||Customer-supplied fork lift is required for installation|
|Security Level: ||Level 2|
|Power Supply: ||Three-phase, 220V, 50/60 Hz, 50 Amp dedicated line required
CS8365 plug included, CS8369 receptacle required|
- Plastic bags for baler: #8000-90, case of 40
- Cutting Head Lubricating Oil: #8000-15, four 1-gallon bottles per case
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on cutting head
- 1-Year Warranty on all other parts
* Customized shredding blades available for special purposes, sizes and applications.
** 650-sheet capacity based on 220V, 3-phase power. Sheet capacity may vary due to variations in paper and power supply.