(Some Intel® Core™ processors require a graphic card, please refer "CPU support List" for more information.)
- Support for Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors/ Intel® Core™ i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1155 package
- L3 cache varies with CPU
- Intel® Z77 Express Chipset
(Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)
- 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory
* Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 2800(OC)/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules
- Support for non-ECC memory modules
- Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
||Integrated Graphics Processor:
Intel DSL3510L chip:
- 1 x D-Sub port
- 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
* The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
* Simultaneous output for DVI-D and the MDP2 Thunderbolt port is not supported.
- 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
- 2 Thunderbolt ports (MDP1/MDP2) support for Mini-DisplayPort and Thunderbolt monitor(s), and supporting a maximum resolution of 2560x1600.
* When a monitor connected to the DVI-D port, the MDP2 Thunderbolt port can support Thunderbolt storage device(s) only.
* Due to PC architecture I/O resources limitation, the amount of the Thunderbolt devices can be used is dependent on the quantity of PCI Express and PCI devices be installed. (Refer to Chapter 1-7, "Back Panel Connectors", and Chapter 2, "Peripherals\Intel(R) Thunderbolt" for more information.)
- Realtek ALC898 codec
- Support for X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity® and EAX® Advanced HD™ 5.0 technologies
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF In/Out
- 1 x Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
|Wireless Communication module
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Supports 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band
- Bluetooth 4.0, 3.0+HS, 2.1+EDR
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
* The PCIEX4 slot is available only when an Intel 22nm (Ivy Bridge) CPU is installed.
* The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX8 and PCIEX16 slots. When the PCIEX4 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode and the PCIEX8 will operate at up to x4 mode.
(The PCIEX16, PCIEX8, and PCIEX4 slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
* Whether PCI Express 3.0 is supported depends on CPU and graphics card compatibility.
- 3 x PCI Express x1 slots
(All PCI Express x1 slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
- 1 x PCI slot
- Support for AMD CrossFireX™ / NVIDIA SLI technology
Marvell 88SE9172 chip:
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0/SATA3 1) supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2 2~5) supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices
- 1 x mSATA connector
* The SATA2 5 connector will become unavailable when the mSATA connector is installed with a solid state drive.
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* When a RAID set is built across the SATA 6Gb/s and SATA 3Gb/s channels, the system performance of the RAID set may vary depending on the devices being connected.
- 1 x SATA 6Gb/s connector (GSATA3 8) supporting up to 1 SATA 6Gb/s device
- 1 x eSATA 6Gb/s connector on the back panel supporting up to 1 SATA 6Gb/s device
- Support for RAID 0 and RAID 1
Chipset + 2 VIA USB 3.0 Hubs:
- Up to 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (available through the internal USB headers)
- Up to 6 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
- Up to 8 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
* In Windows XP, the Intel USB 3.0 ports and VIA USB 3.0 HUB can support up to USB 2.0 transfer speed.
* Due to a Windows 7 limitation, please connect your USB device(s) to the USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) before the Intel USB 3.0 controller driver is installed.
||VIA VT6308 chip:
- Up to 1 IEEE 1394a port (available through the internal IEEE 1394a header)
||Intel DSL3510L chip:
- 2 Thunderbolt ports on the back panel
Intel® Certified Thunderbolt™ Device
|Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x PCIe power connector
- 3 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x mSATA connector
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 4 x system fan headers
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 1 x S/PDIF In header
- 3 x USB 3.0/2.0 headers
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x IEEE 1394a port
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
- 1 x power button
- 1 x reset button
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 1 x BIOS switch button
- Voltage Measurement Points
|Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x D-Sub port
- 1 x DVI-D port
- 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
- 1 x HDMI port
- 2 x Thunderbolt ports
- 1 x eSATA 6Gb/s connector
- 4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.0 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 5 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
- iTE I/O Controller Chip
- System voltage detection
- CPU/System temperature detection
- CPU/System fan speed detection
- CPU overheating warning
- CPU/System fan fail warning
- CPU/System fan speed control
* Whether the CPU/system fan speed control function is supported will depend on the CPU/system cooler you install.
- 2 x 64 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AMI EFI BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.6, ACPI 2.0a
- Support for @BIOS
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress Install
- Support for Xpress Recovery2
- Support for EasyTune
* Available functions in EasyTune may differ by motherboard model.
- Support for eXtreme Hard Drive (X.H.D)
- Support for Auto Green
- Support for ON/OFF Charge
- Support for Q-Share
- Support for 3D Power
- Support for EZ Setup
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
- Intel® Rapid Start Technology
- Intel® Smart Connect Technology
- Intel® Smart Response Technology
- LucidLogix Virtu MVP
* Make sure the monitor cable has been connected to the integrated graphics port on the back panel.
- Support for Microsoft® Windows 8/7/XP
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
- Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors'' website or 3rd party website.
- Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP SP1/SP2. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.