Connect up to 7 USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to a single port on any USB 2.0 or 3.0 capable computer. Expand connectivity while preventing damage to sensitive built-in USB ports on systems with only one or two ports. Featuring the VIA VL812 Rev B1 USB 3.0 hub chipset for maximum compatibility and performance. Attractive, solid, compact design with per-port LEDs for diagnosing connectivity.
- Updated to firmware version 8581 for compatibility with all USB 3.0 hosts, including Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows 8 and earlier, and Linux kernels 3.0 and later.
- Apple SuperDrive not compatible. Older Mac Pros with USB 3.0 PCIe add-in cards do not work with this or any hub.
- Full forward and backward compatibility between USB 3.0 and 2.0/1.1 hosts and devices.
- Requires no driver install (although individual devices will, as usual).
- 2.4Ghz wireless devices, such as wireless keyboard and mouse adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting to a USB 2.0 port is recommended.
USB 3.0 data transfer rates up to 5Gbps allowing data to move quickly between devices. Ideal for high-throughput devices such as USB hard drives, flash drives, and USB video adapters.
Power and Charging
Comes with premium 5V 4A power supply for supporting several devices requiring USB 3.0''s more demanding 900mA per port power.
Functions as a USB hub only, not a standalone device charger: No special functionality for charging iPad, iPhone, or other tablet and smartphone devices with or without a PC.
In the box
USB 3.0 7-port Hub (VIA Hub Controller), 5V 4A AC desktop-style power adapter with 6+ foot hub to wall extension cord and 3 foot USB 3.0 Cable.